Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Alan Wake Sequel?

I finished Alan Wake. It was seriously a great game! I don't really feel that it was a "survival" horror, as I ended up with TONS of flares and amo. And there were no "energy drinks" or food stuffs of any kind. So it was a bit different. However it was totally worth every penny! In terms of things that we haven't seen for the genera, it really didn't deliver all that much. The use of light and day was excellent. They did the atmosphere great! While playing you feel scared in the day light. Very creepy! The night was even creepier as "monsters" would materialize out of almost nothing.

I liked the "zombie" aspect of the Taken. It was a very cool touch. I wish that there had been a big boss fight, but that was something that was really lacking. I really think that this game focused more on a comprehensive story line and very cool things going on in the background. I would like to see this game played by someone else just to see the cinematic's that I did miss.

I'm now working on finishing up Deadly Premonition. I also need to work on the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I've also unlocked the alternate chapter in The Calling. So I've got a bit to do this summer! :D

It is good to be a survival horror gamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment